- Call Dect-phone 84852 / 0141 452 4852 = booking phone held by a Staff nurse Theatre 6, general emergency theatre
- You will need to give the following details:
- Patient’s name / Date of birth / CHI number
- Proposed procedure
- Responsible consultant & contact details of clinician performing the procedure
- CEPOD urgency;
- 1 - within 1 hour
- 6 - within 6 hours
- 12 - within 12 hours
- 24 - within 24 hours
- S - scheduled
- Fasting status (N.B. at the time of booking patients should be encouraged to keep drinking)
- Consent gained (and if not, a plan for when this will happen)
- CARDIAC CASES;
In Addition to the above:
- inform the consultant cardiac anaesthetist – always
- area for procedure, Th8/Cath lab/NICU / PICU
If you are booking cases for the same day:
- please also inform the duty anaesthetist, contactable 24hrs on page 18602 / phone 84342 0141 452 4342.
- When they are in the hospital you can contact the senior anaesthetic trainee phone 84343 0141 452 4343 and the duty anaesthetic consultant phone 84378 0141 452 4378.
- Mobile phone numbers for all anaesthetic consultants are held in Theatre 6
If you are booking general cases for the following day:
- the anaesthetist will be able to get the details from the emergency theatre list at 08.00 – 08.30 a.m.
- but if the case is complex or has organisational issues – please phone in advance to communicate these
Covid Theatre; emergency cases - exactly as per Theatre 6 bookings above.
Urgent theatre for non covid-19 cases during the outbreak phone 84383 / 0141 452 4383 to discuss with the theatre coordinator
Common causes for cases being delayed:
- Consent not completed when porter goes to collect the patient
- Blood not ordered & available
- Theatre not aware of source isolation e.g. MRSA / Covid-19
- Particular specialist equipment not requested in advance
- X-Ray request not completed prior to procedure
Other useful information:
- Timing constraints – normally there shouldn’t be any as the case is being booked on the emergency list, but if there are particular clinician availability issues its useful for us to know (although this doesn’t guarantee a time slot)
- Problems getting through?
- Call Theatre 6 on 84358 0141 452 4358 or
- Th6 prep room 84360 0141 452 4360
- (Theatre coffee room 84353 0141 452 4353)
- Cardiac Th8 Ex 84348 84346 0141 452 4348 / 0141 452 4346